World Self-Care Day is officially July 24 but at Yinn, we celebrate self-care all year round.
Engaging in a self-care routine has been clinically proven to:
- Reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression
- Decrease stress
- Increase happiness
- Build stronger relationships
- Help you adapt to change
- Help you recover from setbacks
Carve out time just for you. If you live a full and busy lifestyle, this may sound like a challenge, but remember, one hour is less than 5% of your day. In order to give freely and lovingly to others, we need to first honour our own needs.
Need help? Here's some simple ideas for prioritising self-care:
- Block out time in your diary daily
- Write yourself a cute post it note
- Create a Pinterest board of ideas and get inspired
- Make it a habit by rewarding yourself for 5 days in a row of self-care
- Tell a friend about your practice and encourage each other to pursue your ritual daily
- Put a limit on distractions like work, scrolling and housework
- Create a welcoming space to practice
Need support letting go? The Body Oil is designed to nourish your skin, soul and spirit.
Here are six ideas of how to incorporate The Body Oil in your daily self-care ritual:
- Mirror work
Wear your favourite lingerie (or nothing at all) and gaze at yourself in the mirror as you use the dropper to lovingly apply oil to each body part
Repeat an affirmation as you apply the oil. For example, "I choose to rest, receive, surrender" or "I give love to each and every part of my body"
Ask a partner, friend or neighbour (why not?) to massage The Body Oil into all parts of your body. Remember, it's all-naturall, safe and nourishing to use down there
- Sensual music
Play one of our sensual Spotify playlists and dance as you work the oil into your skin. You can listen here
- Hot soak
Add some drops to your pre or post-pleasure bath. The scent will enliven the senses, nourish your skin and calm your spirit
- Gua Sha Facial
Cleanse your face, apply The Body Oil and use the smooth and jagged edges of our Agate Gua Sha to move up and down the meridians. Not only will it reduce puffiness and give your skin a radiant glow, it also feels glorious. Watch a tutorial here.
- Y x